Monday, September 24, 2012

The beginning

I am creating a blog....what? I am really not the type of person to write down my feelings, but I feel this may help keep me more accountable on my weight loss journey. Here goes nothing!

I started my weight loss journey on July 18th, 2011. I joined Kosama a local 8 week fitness challenge.

I debated signing up for Kosama, for several months. When I finally took the plunge, and signed up I was full of mixed emotions: excited, scared, anxious. Two weeks before starting the program, my friend I signed up with fell, and broke her leg. I felt like quitting right there, before I even started.

I went to pre-assessments with one goal in mind “to win”,and lose 20 lbs in my 8 week session. I even told Holly as I was getting my pictures taken “I’m in it to win it”. The 1st week of class was hard. I remember wishing I had handicap bars in my bathroom as my legs were so sore to sit. I knew I had to stick it out. The next 7 weeks went by quickly, and I was actually enjoying it. It was the end of the session, and time for post-assessments. I lost 20.2 lbs, and was the winner of my session. I reached my 8 week goal, but there was no stopping there.The coaches, Brad and Holly, were also a huge part of my success. They pushed me harder in class, motivated me, and were there to help me every step of the way.

In 8 months at Kosama, I was able to lose 40 lbs. I am still continuing my journey with Kosama, and have realized it isn’t a diet/ workout program. It is a life style change.
Fastforward 6 months now....I have gained 10 lbs back now. I wasn't going to class everyday, slacked on my eating, and excuse after excuse but I know it was my fault. I was the one that choose to hit the snooze button at 4:15 AM, and I was the one the choose to stop at DQ for a blizzard. Slacking off majorly this summer and missing class way more than I should have.
All summer I said I will start eating better and workout everyday starting Monday, and then Monday would come around and it wouldn't happen. We now are at the end of September, and I have got to get back into the groove of things. No more tomorrow's, it starts TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment